Friday, March 18, 2011

Blog Challenge Day Four: Somewhere out of Tarrant County

Once January passes by I am usually planning a vacation for Kelsey and me that involves plane tickets, hotels, and a new destination book.  However, this year we both just really wanted to catch up on some R&R and girlie time.  I have to say this has been one of the most memorable spring breaks thus far.  We had leisurely breakfasts together, I got caught up on all the 5th grade comings and goings (eeeeesh..please say high school gets easier??!), and we have indulged in most all of our favorites. We had one thing left on our "to-do" list:  "A girl's day".  That leads me to our quick venture out of Tarrant county.  Here is part of it:


Lantana is actually quite beautiful.  We enjoyed the scenic drive along the winding roads looking at the landscape of cattle mixed in with..... mansions?!? Yep, some even looked like castles.  Ahhh the great state of Texas..every mansion must have a longhorn in the distance. I'd like to say we stopped and ventured out, but we really just drove through to get to our destination:  The Shops at Highland Village.



Kelsey has come to the age where she is going to seriously hurt my pocketbook. Long gone are the days when I could buy her those little white MaryJanes with the lace socks..especially since she's now a whopping shoe size 8! She thinks her size 8 foot should entail the graduation from converse to "big-girl" shoes.  I always let her try them on for fun, but she still looks like my little girl in overgrown heels.
  And of course, no day is complete without hitting up Barnes and Noble.  Like the dummy I am, I got a new book that will hopefully help me figure out what those wrench button things are!

As I was perusing the Dummy section, I came across these two in the College aisle. 


I was shocked!  This is my friend Kym.  Now for a second they had me fooled and jumping for joy that they were intently researching colleges.  Until I noticed something odd in the upper right corner of the magazine.  I decided to sneak around the other aisle...and uh...they were so busted! 

Yep...I've been had again..I should have known. I'm not sure who has more of a crush on the "Biebs..." Kym or Kelsey?..Hmmm... wonder if they have "How to raise an 11 year-old for Dummies?" 

Overall, it was a productive day.  We all found something "Springy", and enjoyed the outdoor shopping comparable to Southlake minus the crowds.

Days like this spent with friends and my sweet Kelsey will be archived in my memories as times of leisure..You know, where you actually stop and sit by the fountain to relish the sound of the water while basking in the sun.

3 comments: