Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Blog Challenge Day Two: A New Restuarant

The only rule to this challenge was that it couldn't be a "chain" restaurant.  Easy enough, with two major metroplex cities within 30 miles of each other.  Luckily, I landed an evening of abundant laughter and delectable food.  What else do you need?.....  Well, I forgot my ice chest (BYOB)

Pollenzo's Pizza House in Keller was everything I was looking for in a family-owned pizza restaurant.

Warning:  When you walk in, your senses are immediately overwhelemed with the smell of fresh bread and Italian spices.  Not to mention...CHEESE....my restaurant ettiquete and manners escaped me as I rudely stared at what everyone was eating.  (So..can I have a bite of that?)

The atmosphere was cozy, dim lighting with tables, and booths.  They had the necessary Frank Sinatra playing that set the mood...now if I had only remembered my Sauvignon..



The menu had everything from

Salads:  This dinner salad had garbanzo beans, pine nuts, prosciutto, feta, with a roasted garlic vinagrette salad dressing.



And finally, the Pizza:  Wood oven fired crust with just the right amount of tasty toppings.  I ordered the "Peppered Pig"....what can I say..it had me at "feta



And for you artichoke lovers...there's always the Artichoke Chicken Pizza


Hope you are excited to try out this delicioso restaurant, and if you do...call me..I haven't had my daily does of feta yet.

3 comments:

  1. Mary- did you take these pictures??? They are fabulous!! Love the blog challenge you and Amanda are doing :) I'm having fun reading it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pics are fabulous!!! You may have found your 2nd calling...a food photographer/critic!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you girls! I did take these pictures, and still have so much to learn :) I must be annoying everyone, I take that big thing with me everywhere..haha! Glad you are enjoying feel free to jump into our challenge! I'll email you with the rest of our themes if you like! Thanks for the comments :)

    ReplyDelete